A site of ramblings and musings from my mind to yours

Monday, February 07, 2005

I was thinking yesterday about things and I kept coming back to one thing why is it so much easier to get fat then in shape. I am somewhat overweight (not massive or anything) and now I am in the place where I am tired of it and I want to be in shape but damn....all the work that is required. I have never been an overly disciplined guy and it has frustrated me time and again. It has kept me from doing things that I know I could do better or things that I should be able to accomplish. And once again it has me screwed. I want to be inshape for various reasons like for my wife and son, for myself and the way I feel (both emotionally and physically) and because I know that God did not intend for my body to be this way. But when that Big Gulp and ___(fill in the blank with some unhealthy food choice) are calling my name I forget all about that and boom I go with it, only to regret it later.

Having read that it may sound like I really don't want to get healthy but I really do it's just that like many things in my world I have a hard time moving it from the desire stage to actually doing it. I have read the books (Dr. Phil would call me an emotional eater, he'd be right) and have been very excited about the methods in them but when it comes time to do it I just can't seem to brak the shitty tradition of eating crap. I have joined the gym and been very excited about it...only not to go. Part of the gym thing is just schedualing time properly which requires some discipline (and you know how well I do with that) and part of it is the motivation to read and write and watch TV and spend time with friends and my wife and son is so much stronger then going to the gym only to be reminded that I am SOOOOO out of shape.

Well I don't really know how to end a post like this so I will just end it.

|